
For the next few weeks, nearly everything that Lily does will be the first time she does anything. The last week was certainly chock full of some significant milestones for Lily and Co.
This week was the first time the Lily and Mommy flew solo, as I had to be out of town for 3 nights straight. Everyone survived unharmed, and while I missed my daughter, I currently miss my hotel issued king size bed and uninterrupted night.
I made it back on Saturday just in time to share Lily's first holiday-Kentucky Derby Day! Growing up in Kentucky, the Derby is a big thing. Growing up in Louisville, and going to school so close to Churchill Downs that the distance is measured in "lengths" makes the Derby an official holiday. Lily celebrated Derby Day in traditional fashion, going to an official Derby Party, (hosted by fellow Louisvillians who now live in the area), and essentially drinking too much and passing out before the race.
Last but not least, Lily's last milestone of the week as demonstrating that she takes after her father, with regards to intestinal fortitude. It should be known that I have the a stomach tolerance of an infant, a scan look at my nightstand and shows bottles of Tums, Rolaids, and Pepcid Complete...seriously. Sometimes you feel like calcium carbonate, sometimes its a magnesium hydroxide kind of night, and sometimes, not often, I like the idea a antacid with famotidine.
Tonight, Lily got so upset that she lost her dinners....in a very projectile way. Do they make tums in baby doses, cause I have a feeling she is going to need them.
No comments:
Post a Comment