Monday was Lily's first day of daycare, or school, as we are referring to it. Lily goes to a Little Red School House nearby, which is very convenient. I am not sure how excited any of us were to the idea of leaving her with people, who as of yesterday, will still sort of strangers. Carrie and I had done our due diligence and visited them on open house days, as well as unannounced. We toured the facilities, and spoke to parents of kids who go there, and everyone has been happy. The night before we went through a familiar process of packing up everything she would need for her first day. Carrie had already dropped some of the bigger stuff (diapers, wipies, mobile) off at the location in the last two weeks. This was just her daily needs (blankets, backup clothes, binks, etc.). We also tried to pick out some clothes that made her look cute, but not too cute, for her first day.
Carrie and I went together to drop her off and meet the people one more time. When we got there other parents were dropping their kids off as well, and very clearly had a routine they would follow. The three of us tried to blend in and follow the others a little so as not to look like newbies.
Lily handled the day pretty well, seemed to play well with the teachers assigned to her room.
Now, towards the middle of the afternoon, she had some GI activity (we refer to that as working on some pants). Apparently it was a big deal and required a change of wardrobe. Now unless Lily has taken on the defense mechanisms of a sea cucumber (by jettisoning her inside bits), I am going to chalk this one up eating a lot the day before. So far, we can call the whole experience a success. Now, for day two!
In other news, I put a poll on blog to the right. I stole the idea from a friends blog, and so
mething snapped the other day when Carrie and I saw a commercial for Frisch's. I thought that it would make a good survey question. Does Lily look more like her parents or the Frisch's Big Boy? ( I really mean that in the best possible way, big cheeks, big eyes, poofy hair...).
1 comment:
I hope our baby is as big of a fan of his feet as Lily is of hers, that is too cute!
Post a Comment