
I previously wrote about an ill-fated trip to Sonic on a trip back from Louisville. For those of you who are not aware, Sonic has created quite possibly the greatest milkshake known to man. Although I would never admit it, one of the highlights of each trip to Louisville is the opportunity to hit up the Sonic in Oldham County along the way. I say this because I was lead to believe that the only Sonic in town was on the North Side of Cincinnati, and thus amazingly inconvenient, turning a freeway-Sonic into a bigger deal than it should be. A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law pointed out that there was, in fact, a closer Sonic just 9 miles away. I was able to convince the family that this was a good trip one night. And there was much rejoicing.
As we were coming in to the house that night, I had my arms full of milkshakes and Lily (in her carseat) and was fumbling to get the keys into the door. I hastily sat my milkshake in the seat with Lily, gained entrance, set the Lily-Milkshake seat down, and looked for a light switch, as it was quite dark in the house. When the lights came on, I saw Lily with a death-grip on my straw desperately looking for whatever was inside, as you can see.
I don't think she actually got anything. To date, she has only had breastmilk and formula. My feeling is that if she did manage to suck any out, the bottle feedings would stop, and we'd be making more frequent runs to the local Sonic, to pacify a milkshake obsessed baby.
In other news, I think this serves as documentation that Lily has discovered her voice...and it's many powers....baby powers. Maybe this is how she asks for milkshakes?
Note: she really isn't upset in this video...she screaming cause it's fun.
1 comment:
Can't blame the girl, she has good taste!!! We had 5 Sonics in Bowling Green, all within 10 minutes of our house. The closest one to us here is 30 minutes away which I find to be awfully unreasonable.
Post a Comment