I love data. I really love data. During the last nine months I have joked that Lily (at that time "Baby") would be such a rich source of data to measure, collect, track, plot, deviate standardly, etc. Now, I always said this laughingly, but deep down I MEANT EVERY SINGLE WORD!
So far Lily hasn't disappointed in this department. We have been tracking her sleeping times, her feeding times, her diaper details (which actually have been handy due to brief drop in changing frequency) Certainly gives a new meaning to the term P-value.
This has all been very interesting, but we have been lacking any comparative data to measure up against. That all changed today!
We went for Lily's 1-week checkup where among the many things investigated were her length, weight, and head circumference. Her doctor came back with her measurements as well as which percentile she falls in on the growth charts. Finally, we see were our baby stacks up against the pack, where her data meets the road! You may think I am a bit obsessive about her data points, but Carrie was even more excited than me (in her defense, she does run the skeletal dysplasia clinic at work, so this is right in her wheel-house).
This evening I would be formatting her MS Excel charts to match the color scheme of her bedroom, because that's how I roll....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am gonna get you, sucka!
One of Lily's trademark features has been her general fearlessness. She lives to jump off of things. I remember watching her run full ...
-
Lily didn't quite have a full grasp of what is going on around her this Christmas, but she did figure out that wrapped gifts were likely...
-
Lily really loves music, specifically, club music. The other day, iTunes played Lady Gaga's Bad Romance, and she dropped her baby, and ...
-
Lily spent New Year's Eve 2009 in true style a family wedding. She looked fabulous, and lucky for us, she did not feel the need to stay...
2 comments:
So are you going to post the weight data?
I'm surprised you didn't make an Access database. 5 1/2 months later we are still tracking that stuff too (nerds!). Lily is so cute in her outfit! I tried putting B in a denim jacket once and he would have none of it.
Post a Comment