Friday, April 18, 2008

Hi there, Baby!


So, Lillian Jane was born on Wednesday. Not knowing what to expect, I'd have to say that things went mostly to plan (not necessarily our plan, but a plan), although I was much more involved in the process than I had originally intended (I am not complaining, as I feel Carrie was really bearing the brunt of the work). I (if not We) was most surprised by how much hair she has. I have been thinking about this kid for months, but never actually considered her having hair. It's a good look.

We have always referred to her (in utero) as simply "baby". Not "the baby" or "our baby", but simply "baby" (sometimes "BABY!"). Now that she is really here, it's been a hard habit to break, and hopefully not too confusing for her. I hope I get with it soon, so as not to end up with a 6mos. old daughter pondering "who am I?". Very philosophic.

The last two days, and consequently her first two days, she has been a little congested, and has what can easily be described as a nose whistle. It's quite cute.
I apologize for the poor lighting. Steven Spielberg, I am not.


So far I feel that we can call our first 48hrs as parents a success. Everyone has eaten, bathed, and taken at least 1 nap. Who can ask for anything more?

Here are some early pics!

No comments:

I am gonna get you, sucka!

One of Lily's trademark features has been her general fearlessness. She lives to jump off of things. I remember watching her run full ...