Thursday, February 18, 2010

Are you ready?

Lily takes throwing a ball very seriously. Very. Seriously. She also has a new found love of coloring, which is exciting for me ('cause I like to color). Her early work, is very reminiscent of George Seurat, only more violent, and emotional (I am thinking a cross between the randomness of Jackson Pollack and yet the boldly colored, heavy strokes of Van Gogh. Yeah, think about that.) To the untrained eye, it might look as if she repeatedly tried to stab the paper with a crayon. She has matured a bit into scribbles and slashing lines. It's an evolving form.

Here are some pics of us at work.

In Other news, Lily has made friends! There are a few kids in her class at school that she likes to talk about. Also, when she arrives, there is a little girl that always runs up and gives Lily a hug. Sometimes she gives Carrie a hug, too. Lily doesn't care for that. Is this the beginning a real friendship? Will we have to hang out with this little girls parents? Will we like them? More importantly, will they like us? It's overwhelming. .


Here is a video of Lily and I playing "Are you ready?". You might recognize it as "Catch!"


1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Soooo cute! Make sure she practices her kicks, too...future soccer player!?

I am gonna get you, sucka!

One of Lily's trademark features has been her general fearlessness. She lives to jump off of things. I remember watching her run full ...