I know this is late, but many people have asked about Lily re: 1st Christmas. Carrie and I were really looking forward to Christmas with Lily for all of the usual reasons, including new toys. Santa was sure to bring Lily a crate full of new toys, and we could hardly wait. We've spent 8 months playing with the toys she had when she was born, and I think that all three of us were getting a bored. Lily's new Christmas toys were much more interactive, with their singing,and dancing, and music, and lights, and noises........so many noises.It was hard to predict what she was going to like, so we got all sorts of different things. Here is a rundown of the highlights:

Foam blocks-loves them, as long as they are stacked up and ready for her to knock over. If she sees you building something, she drops everything, and army crawls like a wounded soldier across the room to knock it over. She then expects more clapping. I think this is the after effects of playing with stacking cups for so long.
Gumball Machine- this is a toy that looks like a bubble gum
m
achine and dispenses very cool little balls that are filled with things that move, shine, rattle. It lights up and plays music while in the act of dispensing. Lily has learned that there is no need to wait patiently for each ball to come out when she can just turn it over, and get them all at once.ELMOte-Like her father, Lily loves remote controls. Any shape, any size, any function, if it has button
s and makes things work without causing you to work, she loves it. It is no surprise that her favorite toy at the moment is her Elmo remote. It has the added benefit of being portable, so we can take it with us wherever we go, and just like a real remote, we are certain to lose it between the cushions of a restaurant booth before too long.I have posted some pictures of Lily's first Christmas here. I particularly like the picture of her in her Christmas dress. Coincidentally, we went to dinner Christmas Eve with the whole family, and I happened to see the CEO of my company at the same location. I thought I would take this opportunity to capitalize on Lily's Christmas-dress cuteness, by introducing the two of them. Let's just say, I won't be getting that promotion any time soon, as my lovely daughter went straight for my bosses eyes, before moving on to her broach. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment